Happy Easter!

4.05.2015

Happy Easter, everyone!
{via}

As easy as it is to get swept up in the pastels and Easter baskets and candy on this day (and trust me, I love those things about Easter!), I also definitely want to be intentional about remembering the what this day truly means-- the sacrifice behind this day and how lucky we are to have a Father in Heaven who loves us so much.

We started our day off with an amazing Easter service at our church. I loved our pastor's message on faith, and how we're called for 100% commitment, not 100% certainty. I have to hand it to preachers-- I think Christmas and Easter are two of the hardest services to do because it's difficult to put new twists on these, yet I am always impressed by how they do. :)

Kyle's brother, Ryan, and his girlfriend, Lindsay, joined us for lunch at a local 100% GF restaurant, and it was a win-win-- good company, good food.

No Easter egg hunts for us this year, but we'll be hopefully having plenty of those in the future! It is kind of hard to believe that this will be our last Easter, just the two of us. And, I would be lying if I said that I wasn't totally excited to do an Easter Basket for our precious little guy next year! I practiced this year by surprising Kyle with his favorite Easter candy-- those Reese's Eggs...they just get you every time!

And while we missed being with more of our family, I have to say it was quite a perfect little Easter day. A good mix of the religious and secular celebrations and lots of beautiful sunshine. We have so much to be thankful for!


1 comment :

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs