Florida Vacay-- Harry Potter World

7.01.2013

I promise I'm almost done with my Florida Vacation Recaps (which you can catch up on here and here), but today's may just be one of my favorites because it has to do with our day at Islands of Adventure, which is the amazing park home to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. Call me a nerd if you like because I'll gladly own up to it...I am an HP lover, despite refusing to read it for years and years. I promised Kyle I would read them after we'd been dating for a while because he was such a fan, and I read them like a maniac! Needless to say, there was no question in our minds that WWOHP was a must-do on this trip. When I found out that WWOHP was part of Islands of Adventure, I was even more excited because I knew it was a win-win!

 Harry Potter World Highlights

Touring Hogwarts before riding the Forbidden Journey
Riding the 3 amazing rides-- Forbidden Journey, Dragon Challenge, and Flight of the Hippogriff multiple times!
Hanna finding a wand that had been left in her locker! I was so jealous!
Trying our first Butterbeer...yum yum!
Going to Ollivander's to watch the wand choosing show
Shopping at Honeyduke's and Zonko's
Sharing the "Feast" with my family at The Three Broomsticks
Getting our photo taken with the greeter at Platform Nine and Three Quarters
Hearing the lovely ladies in blue from the Beauxbaton's Academy of Magic sing and taking a picture with the boys from Durmstrang Institute and them!
Trying the Bertie Botts Every Flavour Beans...including the Soap, Earwax, Vomit, Earthworm and much more! So gross, but so fun!
Feeling like I was actually in the books!





1st Butterbeer tasting! Delish!































Bertie Bott's Ever Flavour Beans!
We did venture off into other parts of Islands of Adventure, which is where a lot of the fun, water rides and roller coasters are!

The Rest of Islands of Adventure Highlights

Riding front row on the Jurassic Park log flume ride, and getting completely soaked!
Playing fun games that Hanna taught us while waiting in line for rides
Riding Dudley Do-Right's Ripsaw Falls (similar to Splash Mountain but better!)
Convincing Kyle to go on the Incredible Hulk ride
Riding Popeye & Bluto's Bilge-Rat Barge (and getting soaked!)
Eating our PB & J's and apple slices that we snuck openly carried in our bookbags...the security lady only requested that we make her a sandwich, haha!
Riding the carousel in Seuss-Land













Again, another magical day! I would go back in a heartbeat if I could!

This wraps up the first week of our Florida trip! One more recap of our beach week with Kyle's family to come. Thanks for bearing with me as I document this trip digitally because it's a lot more permanent than my memory!

1 comment :

  1. I went to Disney a little over a year ago and LOVED Harry Potter World!! It felt like such a magical place to be at(: I definitely felt like I was a character in the story.. especially on the Forbidden Journey ride. That was one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs