Monday Musings

7.23.2012

I have to say that I have a much better relationship with Mondays when I don't have to work! When I sat down to pump out this blog, I had a whole lotta random posts in mind but none that I felt like deserved a post completely to themselves, so you'll have to excuse my Monday mish-mash of musings!

Let's talk about...

The Bachelorette Finale

I can't say that I was surprised by the way it all played out because I have a serious issue with patience and had to read Reality Steve's spoilers...like 2 months ago! I knew she was going to pick Jef. BUT I was surprised by the fact that I actually was happy about her decision after seeing how genuinely at ease and giddy she was with him. I've watched both of the seasons she's been on and have never seen her so comfortable! I never had anything against Jef and think he's a great guy...I just didn't necessarily see them together! I really like Arie, too, and felt so bad for him, but I think he'll have no problem getting a girl! Yay for Emily and, yay for Bachelor Pad premier tonight!

Holistic Medicine & Gluten-Free
So, my mom has been battling some blood sugar issues despite the fact that she is TEENY- TINY, eats super healthy, and exercises daily. However, she recently started seeing a holistic doctor who believes in natural remedies for health issues...aka, less pills and medicines from the pharmacy and more dietary changes and natural supplements. She's really been inspired by this and has even gotten my brother and I to see a doctor in our area who practices the same type of medicine. It has been quite an experience, and I'm learning so much! I think about so many adults that I know that are taking so many pills for everything, and I don't want that to be me...ever! Some of the changes I've made-- eliminating processed foods and eating clean, giving up diet soda (so sad!), exercising daily, and taking some natural supplements daily. My doctor also asked me to give up gluten for 2-3 weeks to see if I noticed any difference in the way that I feel in case I have a gluten sensitivity like my mom. It's amazing how good I feel! The only downsides...gluten-free brownies aren't nearly as good as the real deal AND  all of these changes certainly certainly don't come cheap! But, what better investment can you make than in your health?
Bridal Shower Invitations
I need advice from all of my super savvy blogger friends out there! My mom and I are helping plan a bridal shower for a long-time friend, Jannell, and we're trying to figure out the best options for invitations! The shower is going to be a tea-party but the bride-to-be wants the theme to be "dress the table"...aka everyone will bring gifts that will help get Jannell ready to be the perfect hostess for all types of entertaining! So, I was thinking we could say something like "Please join us for a Bridal Tea as we "Dress the Table" for the Bride to Be!" What do y'all think? Somehow trying to incorporate the two ideas has me stressing about which one to play off of for the invitation decor! And, we of course want them to be budget friendly and super cute/classy. Any advice about where to find good invitations for a nice price or what you think about the wording or decor is welcome!
Summer's Ending Panic
It's starting to hit me that I literally have about 3.5 weeks of summer break left before I start my 4th year of teaching. Let me repeat that so I might actually start to believe it. 4th year of teaching. Wow! I swear I remember my first year like it was yesterday! Slow down life. And for the love of gravy, slow down summer. I have yet to become the domestic goddess that I pledged to be. I haven't figured out how to do any of those cool Pinterest hair styles. I am so not tan yet. And let's not forget that I am in no way prepared to start back to school. I can't just walk in there on August 16th and expect for my classroom to magically be all set up and organized. Now I'm going to take 5 deep breaths and practice the mantra, "one day at a time" while I try to tame these panic-induced heart palpitations! Yikes!

Well, that's enough randomness for one post, I'd say...especially a Monday post!

Happy start to the week, friends!


2 comments :

  1. 1) My husband is gluten-intolerant, so I definitely know that lovely battle of finding things that are gluten-free that don't cost an arm and a leg, but it has gotten MUCH easier since lots of people have started embracing the gluten-free way.

    2)That little saying for the bridal invite is precious! love that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Olá! Adorei o Blog! Já estou lhe seguindo. Me segui também.
    http://meninamulher-meninapink.blogspot.com.br/

    ReplyDelete

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs