Birchbox & Blog Award

1.09.2012

I was super excited to get my year-long subscription to Birchbox for Christmas! Kyle and I have started our stricter budget, so the thought of getting my little box of beauty goodies each month REALLY helps when I get that little temptation to go pick up a new lipgloss or try out a new lotion.

In case you're not familiar with Birchbox, how it works is like this:

1. You sign up for a subscription...you can do month-to-month, 3-month, 6-month, or 12-month!

2. You get your box each month with samples of different beauty/health products so you can try them out before breaking the bank on a product that you may or may not love. I also love that it comes with a little card that describes each product and what you'd use it for, AND Birchbox.com saves all the information about the boxes you've received for you to refer back to.
Adorable Pink Box!




All the goodies!
So excited to get a dry-shampoo...I've been wanting to try!


Always looking for a good eye-liner!
Love this lipgloss! Perfect for when you go out because it's so teeny and easily fits into your clutch!
Perfume!

dress tape...totally saving these for Beeb's wedding!
And, a lil' extra this month...energy boost drink mix!
3. If you want to purchase full-size portion after you've tried the sample, then you can buy through Birchbox, or just go to Sephora, Ulta, etc and pick it up yourself!

I got my first box in the beginning of January and loved it! I know that it's kind of a gamble each month to see if the products you get will be ones that you'll enjoy, but I'm thinking it will totally be worth it, especially after seeing this month's box!

Definitely worth checking out!

And, a big thanks to Monica over at Monica's Notebook for nominating my blog for the Liebster Blog Award!

This award is for bloggers who have less than 200 followers and are newer to the world of blogging and have a FANTABULOUS blog that needs a little noticing!!

Here is how to participate in this nomination/award giving fun!

1. Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog
2. Link back to the blogger who awarded/nominated you
3. Copy and paste the blog award to your blog 
4. Reveal your top 5 blog picks!!
5. Drop by your top 5 picks and let them know you chose them by commenting on their blog!


Now it's my turn to nominate! I definitely wanted to highlight some blogs that I haven't received this award yet, or maybe they're like me and just forget to post the award buttons on their sidebars...either way, love, love, love these blogs!

1. Tamara from Ttimes3
Love her blog, read it daily...we have so much in common, including being NC girls and marrying our high school sweet-hearts!

2. Emma from Emma Lately
This is a newer blog I've found that I absolutely love! Super cute girl, super fun blog! 


3. Brianna from Adventures of the Southern Wife
Love my fellow-teacher blogs! Brianna is super sweet and also an NC blogger! Love!


4. Katy from Brown Eyed Girl
Katy was my Secret Santa from the Holly Jolly Xmas swap! Been a big fan of her blog ever since!


5. Brittney from Diary of a Southern Brunette
Just stumbled upon this blog and love it already! Gotta support my fellow Southern girls!


Ok, so what are you waiting for! Go check out these blogs! Happy Monday, friends!

9 comments :

  1. Thanks for the blogger award!
    Also this birchbox sounds awesome! I should look into it.
    But on a different note... I use that dry shampoo and love it.
    Mine is the powdered version not the spray!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for nominating me!

    I can't wait to get my January birchbox. It's always like Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, Laura...you are so sweet! Thank you for nominating me! :) I love my Birchbox and am excited to get my January one! I'm glad you signed up for it. :) It's like a little gift to yourself every month. Love it! And I totally can relate with trying not to be tempted to spend money on little things like lipgloss, lotions, makeup that isn't essential for every day, etc. Birchbox definitely helps! Lol

    Have a great day!
    Xo
    Emma

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have heard about the Birchbox and I guess I need to try it out because I have heard only good things about it! Thanks for the info.

    Newest follower and I am excited to be here! Hop over to my place if you have time and stay a while :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Birchbox looks so fun! I've been hearing a lot of great things about it so maybe I need to hop on the bandwagon soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the Blog :)

    your newest follower

    http://www.angela2bunnie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. My first Birchbox should be here any day. I can't wait to see what I got! Looks like you got some good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the blog award! I really want to try birchbox! I think I just need to sign up and do it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks so fun!! I can just imagine the anticipation of opening that box every month! I have thought about getting BirchBox but I am just too much of a lip gloss junkie. In other words, I need that extra $$ every month to splurge at Walgreen's - ha!
    Thanks for stopping by my blog and following :)

    ReplyDelete

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs