Birthday Weekend!

11.20.2011

It has been SO incredibly hard to concentrate on my teaching this week knowing that my birthday was just around the corner and thinking about getting to celebrate it this weekend! But, Friday finally arrived. My parents were coming up anyways for the NC State vs. Clemson game on Saturday, so they came up early on Friday to take us out to a pre-birthday dinner at Tyler's and movie (Like Crazy...more on that in another post!).  A yummy dinner and a movie (with good company, of course!) is one of my favorite types of nights, so birthday celebration number 1 = success.

Saturday morning we were busy bees getting our GIANT cupcake ready (and ourselves ready!) before heading over to good ole' Carter-Finley stadium for some ACC football. My friend, Alex's, family and a few others were throwing a tailgate to celebrate the engagement of her high school friends, Megan and Glenn, who I also happened to know because Megan became two of my high school best friends' friend in college...you got all that? Tailgate= super fun, hilarious, yummy food!
I heart Alex!
Kelly & Me!
Alex's infamous toast!
The Happy Couple!
But, the best part of the day was the whoopin' NC State handed Clemson! I could not even believe that was the WolfPack playing! If only they could have played this way the whole season...sigh! I did feel a little bad for my sweet Granddaddy, who is the world's biggest Clemson fan, but State needed that win!
Kyle & Me!
The Rents & Me!

And, what better way to celebrate a big win like that and a birthday than with a delicious home-cooked meal. My dad is an amazing cook, and makes the BEST spaghetti sauce ever! It's so good that one of my college besties, which you guys probably know from the bloggy world, Ash, stood beside him and wrote down everything he did to make it because there's no real recipe for it! It was amazing, per usual, and the GIANT cupcake was a huge hit! Follow that up with a hilarious game of Things, and it was one of those perfect family days!
Sooo adorable & delicious!

Daddio!

The Birthday Peeps!

And, it's not even my real birthday yet! Too bad I have a silly grad school paper to right today because the perfect ending to this weekend would be lounging & shopping! Oh well, at least Kyle is taking me to breakfast before I have to get started!

1 comment :

  1. Um....gonna need another giant cupcake whipped up for Addison's b-day bash! Happy Birthday beautiful cousin!!

    ReplyDelete

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs