A Must-Read

8.11.2011


Reading is one of my great pleasures in life, but it's one that I don't have a ton of time for until Summer! If only they would let the teachers read while the kids did...sigh! I just had to get one more book read before Summer moved on to bigger and better things and left me high and dry to start working again on Tuesday. I know, I know...tough life and all getting to take a 2 month vacation for myself, but I promise it is totally warranted!) I am SO glad I did get to squeeze this one in because it was wonderful, fabulous, and all things good! I know I'm a little late  on this, but if you're like me and hadn't read it yet, stop everything and purchase/borrow/check-out The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein immediately!


It's a beautiful story told from the perspective of a dog, Enzo, as he shares his thoughts/insights about his human family. Enzo is so lovable, and it is wonderfully refreshing to hear a story from his point of view! I won't tell you much more because no one likes a spoiler, but it will tug at your heart strings, even if you're not a dog-owner, like me! And, much to Kyle's excitement, it really made me think seriously about having a dog, especially if it could be a super smart, compassionate companion like Enzo! In fact, I would maybe even consider naming our dog Enzo...that's how much I loved him!

So, I have just a few days of Summer left, which means if there are any other amazing books I've been missing out on like this one, you must tell me now! I could MAYBE squeeze another in!

Happy Reading, Friends!

1 comment :

  1. i also love to read - going to have to add this one to the Amazon line-up :)

    ReplyDelete

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs